Regional Arts Victoria has an exciting employment opportunity to support and create opportunities for artists in the North West of Victoria. The Manager, North West Regional Partnerships will work very closely with Swan Hill Rural City Council to create opportunities for the region’s artists and represent them to the rest of Victoria and beyond. The successful applicant will contribute to the development and delivery of a connected, informed and meaningful program of creative/artist engagement, which cements partnership between Regional Arts Victoria (RAV) and Swan Hill Rural City Council (SHRCC).
Victoria’s North-West is a diverse region on Wamba Wamba, Barapa Barapa, Wadi Wadi, Tati Tati and Latji Latji Country where other First Nations people from all over Australia also make their home. The region boasts a considerable number of individual creative people and organisations.
Applications close: Midnight, Sunday 30 April 2023
SELECTION CRITERIA: REQUIRED
- Lived experience and high-level knowledge and understanding of First Nations people and communities in Victoria.
- Experience in strategic planning as a leader or participant.
- Demonstrated experience working with creative people and organisations.
- Proven capacity to work independently and unsupervised, including the ability to manage your time, analyse and solve problems, and exercise initiative, judgement and discretion.
- Project management experience including management of budgets, schedules, travel and resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate, consult and negotiate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
This role has been Identified as a role which is open to those who have in-depth knowledge, skill and understanding of First Nations communities in Victoria’s North West. First Nations people are strongly encouraged to apply. Job Share applications will also be considered.
HOW TO APPLY:
First Nations people, people from culturally diverse and/or LGBTQI communities, people of all ages and people with a lived experience of disability, are strongly encouraged to apply.
- If after reading through this document and visiting our website, you have further questions about the role, please email Malcolm Sanders, Regional Partnership, Senior Manager on [email protected] with the Subject heading “Recruitment enquiry – NW Partnership Manager – Your Name ”
- Your application must consist of a covering letter responding to the key selection criteria (maximum 2 pages of text), a brief CV and the names and contact details of 3 professional referees. Please keep in mind that if you don’t address the selection criteria or follow the application process, we won’t be able to assess your application.
- Applications (by email only) should be sent to Angela Pamic, Human Resources Manager, [email protected]. Please email as a single PDF with your name and the position title as the document’s name. Eg RAV – NW Partnership Manager – Your Name
- Please contact Angela on [email protected] or 0460 845 709 if you require alternative access application methods or assistance with submitting your application.
- Shortlisting will take place quickly after close of applications at Midnight, 30 April 2023. To be fair to all applicants, no late applications will be accepted.
- While all applications will be acknowledged by email, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted personally, and we appreciate your patience in not contacting us during this time.
- Interviews will take place in the week commencing 8 May 2023. If you already know that you are unavailable in this week, please mention this in your covering letter.
- The start date is negotiable for this role but would ideally be by mid-June 2023 to allow for a hand-over period.
RAV is a Child Safe Organisation.
Regional Arts Victoria is committed to the safety of children and young people who participate in our programs as audience members, participants, and creators. All children and young people, regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, culture, religious beliefs, age, disability, sexual orientation, family or social background, have the right to feel safe and protected from abuse. RAV has a zero tolerance for child abuse.