Regional Arts Victoria has an exciting employment opportunity to support the delivery of the G21 region’s first Creative industries Strategy (“Making Change”) for 2023 and 2024. Launched in October 2021 and refreshed in January of 2023, the Making Change Strategy was developed through a unique collaboration of local arts and member organisations, with Geelong Arts Centre central to the plan development and delivery. It provides a five-year framework for the region’s growing creative industries sector and includes focus on industry and skills development, digital access and increased cultural tourism.
Regional Arts Victoria will be working with the G21 Making Change Taskforce to deliver the strategic priorities identified for 2023 and 2024. The Making Change Manager will be engaged by Regional Arts Victoria to specifically work on the Making Change strategy.
Located on the lands of the Wadawurrung and Eastern Maar Peoples, the G21 region consists of the City of Greater Geelong, Colac Otway Shire, Golden Plains Shire, Surf Coast Shire and the Borough of Queenscliff.
Applications close: Midnight, Sunday 14 May 2023
SELECTION CRITERIA: REQUIRED
- Experience in strategic planning as a leader or participant
- Demonstrated experience working with creative people and organisations in the G21 and broader Victorian context.
- Basic knowledge of website updates and social media communications
- Proven capacity to work independently, including the ability to manage your time, analyse and solve problems, and exercise initiative, judgement and discretion.
- Project management experience including management of budgets, schedules, travel and resources.
- Grant writing experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate, consult and negotiate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
First Nation peoples, people from culturally diverse and/or LGBTQI communities, and people with a lived experience of disability, are strongly encouraged to apply.
- If after reading through this document and visiting our website, you have further questions about the role, please email Susie Lyons, Director, Strategic Initiatives at [email protected] with the Subject heading “Recruitment enquiry – Making Change Manager – Your Name”
- Your application must consist of a covering letter responding to the key selection criteria (maximum 2 pages of text), a brief CV and the names and contact details of 3 professional referees. Please keep in mind that if you don’t address the selection criteria or follow the application process, we won’t be able to assess your application.
- Applications should be sent to Angela Pamic, Human Resources Manager, [email protected] by midnight, Sunday 14 May. Please email as a single PDF with your name and the position title as the document’s name. Eg RAV – Making Change Manager – Your Name
- Please contact Angela on [email protected] or 0460 845 709 if you require alternative access application methods or assistance with submitting your application.
- Shortlisting will take place quickly after close of applications at Midnight, 14 May 2023. No late applications will be accepted.
- While all applications will be acknowledged by email, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted personally, and we appreciate your patience in not contacting us during this time.
- Online Interviews will take place on Thursday, 18 May 2023. If you already know that you are unavailable on that day, please mention this in your covering letter.
- The Successful applicant will be notified by phone & email by Monday, 22 May 2023. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified via email in the same week.
- Start date is negotiable but ideally in the week beginning Monday, 19 June 2023.