Expand your committee’s presenting skills with support from an experienced mentor
Community presenters “ volunteer arts committees that present performing arts experiences to their communities “ are invited to submit an Expression of Interest for RAV’s 2021 Community Presenter Mentorship Program.
Mentorships are deliberately flexible and responsive, tailored to the specific skills development needs of the committee or a nominated representative. We encourage applicants to consider how up to 12 months of guidance from a mentor could help you address the challenges of presenting performing arts events in your community.
Examples of previous mentorships include strategic planning, marketing and social media skills, venue renovation guidance, governance, developing a programming vision, and more!
Applicants are welcome to identify a specific mentor, or Regional Arts Victoria can match you with an experienced professional based on your needs and interests. Mentors will receive a small stipend in acknowledgement of their time and expertise.
Applications open on 25 February 2021 and close on 25 March 2021.
- Check your eligibility. Applicants must be a regional Victorian community presenter “ a volunteer arts committee or representative that programs and delivers performing arts experiences to their local community “ and a Member of Regional Arts Victoria.
- Consider whether a mentorship is right for you. This checklist (Word docx, 832kb) will help you think through how a mentorship could be shaped to you and your committee’s needs.
- Consult with your committee. Discuss what the current aims are, the skills you need to get there, and if you have a specific mentor in mind.
- Contact Regional Arts Victoria. Call or email Anna Kennedy, Connecting Places Manager, on 0431 376 678 or email@example.com to discuss your application.
- Submit your application by 25 March 2021 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the application form (Word docx, 748kb)
Quotes from previous recipients