Regional Cultural Forum: Festivals Deconstructed
Posted in Events on 01/Feb/2016 05:47
Want to work with a festival but don’t know where to start? Are you part of an existing festival seeking collaboration?
Regional Arts Victoria presents the Regional Cultural Forum: Festivals Deconstructed at Shepparton Festival. This forum will connect artists, arts workers and local government workers with festival directors to network, share ideas and be inspired.
In this one day forum you will:
- Meet and connect with other artists and arts workers from the area
- Learn how to pitch and get into festival programs
- Find out how organisations develop partnerships with festivals
- Hear from festival managers about how to be sustainable in a competitive environment
Date: Friday 18 March 2016
Venue: Shepparton Mechanics' Institute, 227 Wyndham St, Shepparton
Cost: Free, light lunch will be provided
RSVP: Places are limited to RSVP by Monday 14 March 2016 to Lucy Hamilton, email@example.com or (03) 9644 1813 (Please advise of any dietary or access requirements).
Make a weekend of it!
The Shepparton Festival is a member of Regional Arts Victoria, with 49 events happening over 17 days.
The following members of Regional Arts Victoria are also producing events:
- Goulburn Valley Concert Orchestra: Dookie (in partnership with Shepparton Theatre Arts Group Inc., Shepparton Festival and Riverlinks Venues)
- Shepparton Textile Artists Inc.: Contemporary Textile Art, Textile Art Workshops and Braided Rag Rugs.
- Gallery Kaiela: Nibbling at the Fringes and Strong Spirit (in partnership with the University of Melbourne)
- Splinter Contemporary Artists: Make Your Mark!
The Festival has a list of accommodation partners.
If you are travelling by train from Melbourne, check out the Artist in Residence project, supported by the Regional Arts Fund. Members Serana Hunt and the Shepparton Textile Artists Inc. are just some of the group of artists involved.
Make a weekend of it and if you want to stay a night or two, the Festival has a list of accommodation partners. See the full guide here.
The Regional Cultural Forum is made possible by the Australian Government's regional arts program, the Regional Arts Fund, which gives all Australians, wherever they live, better access to opportunities to practise and experience the arts. The Regional Arts Fund is administered in Victoria by Regional Arts Victoria.
Image: Bonegilla Regional Cultural Forum 2015, photo by Carolyn Lambert.
How to create, sustain and work with festivals. Regional Arts Victoria is bringing this Regional Cultural Forum to Shepparton Festival.