Touring to schools in Term 4!
Posted in Communities on 06/Oct/2015 11:17
For the final leg of their three week tour we have Gallery for a Day going out into Gippsland for 3 days! From October 12 – 15 illustrators Amanda Cooper and Marjory Gardner exhibit the original drawings from beloved Australian pictures books. In this workshop children are viewers as well as makers and they will be guided through how to illustrate story book and be invited to draw their own characters.
From October 12 – 23 we have Impro Melbourne on the road! They are touring both their Fairytale Cookbook and Improvaganza shows and workshops around Victoria. The Fairytale Cookbook performance is an improvised storytelling format created especially with kids in mind. The audience helps cast the actors, choose the characters for the tales, and guide the Hero safely (or dangerously!) through the adventure they have created. Improvaganza is an extravaganza of improvisation that inspires creativity and demonstrates theatre making through improvisation. Built around the fundamental skills of improvisation – acceptance, spontaneity and storytelling – Improvaganza demonstrates and explains how improvisation works. Both shows have specially created companion workshops and are set to wow students from Murrayville to Lucknow!
- Monday 12 October – Sacred Heart College Kyneton
- Tuesday 13 October – Marian college Ararat
- Wednesday 14 October – Murrayville P - 12
- Thursday 15 October – Templestowe Valley Primary School
- Friday 16 October – Gladstone Park Primary School
- Monday 19 October – St James in Brighton and Malvern Central School
- Tuesday 20 October – Neerim District Secondary College
- Wednesday 21 October – Lucknow Primary School
- Thursday 22 October – Yarram Secondary College
- Friday 23 October – Dandenong Primary School
From October 19 – 23 we have Bushido: Way of the Samurai heading out in the regions devised by The National Gallery of Victoria. Bushido: Way of the Samurai which explores the fascinating world of the samurai who were the warriors, rulers and aristocratic elite of Japanese society for more than 800 years. This is the second of two tours this year that have dotted across the state and getting out into Gippsland on this leg.
- Monday 19 and Tuesday 20 October – FCJ College Benalla
- Wednesday October 21 – Gippsland Grammar
- Thursday 22 and Friday 23 October - Nossal High School
We have heaps of shows still available On Call in 2015 – to come out to you whenever you want them! Check them out here.
Don’t forget to check out our 2016 program – both Impro Melbourne and the National Gallery of Victoria feature if you missed seeing them in 2015. We have a great calendar of 2016 workshops, shows and performances waiting just around the corner…
Images: Gallery for a Day, Bushido: Way of the Samurai and Impro Melbourne
The end of the year is upon us and we only have three more tours going out from our Education & Families program 2015!