Robert Burns Festival 24-26 August 2012
17th June 2012
Camperdon's Robert Burns Festival, 24-26 August 2012.
Following on the back of two annual Robert Burns Concerts, the Corangamite Shire and its community will hold an inaugural Robert Burns Scottish Festival this August.
The program is currently being developed and will include;
• Deer Stalkers Ball complete with Ceilidh Band at the Theatre Royal.
• AGM of the Robert Burns Society Pan Pacific Rim at the Masonic Lodge Hall.
• A bagpiping competition on three stages
• Live all-day music in another venue
• A Family Scottish Country Dance night with Ceilidh band and caller
• Whisky tasting and making activities
• Music Workshops ie. fiddle, bagpipes, tin whistles
• A display at the Camperdown Historical Society Heritage Centre of Camperdown's notable Scottish settlers.
• A Scottish market and book swap
• Children’s Scottish games in the avenue
• A mountain running race
• Golf competition
• And the annual concert with the Melbourne Scottish Fiddle Club.
Click here for more details including tickets, program and accommodation options.