What is Regional Arts Victoria?
Regional Arts Victoria is the peak Victorian agency resourcing and supporting contemporary and innovative regional cultural practice. In the 40 years since its establishment, RAV has demonstrated a long-term commitment to the concept that art practice is critical to building capacity and self-determination in communities. It is proud of its reputation as a contemporary, inventive and responsive organisation working with vision, passion and a strong understanding of the challenges and aspirations of the communities that form its regional constituency.
What does Regional Arts Victoria do?
Regional Arts Victoria initiates, facilitates and celebrates the arts in regional Victoria through Creative Communities Victoria, Education and Families, Performing Arts Touring and Regional Arts Development Officers.
We do this by:
- Working with artists and regional communities to create high-quality art.
- Playing a major role in developing regional arts networks, tours, projects, programs, skills development, and funding.
- Providing leadership and support to our networks in regional Victoria.
- Celebrating the diversity of cultural experience in regional Victoria.
- Collaborating with partners in business, local, state and federal government, sponsors and education organisations.
- Striving for excellence through benchmarking and continuous improvement processes.
How can I stay in the loop?
Sign up to one of the RAV eNewsletters and we'll keep you up-to-date with the latest news, events and tours.
How can I get involved?
Are you an artist? Would like to see how you can bring performing arts to your town or school? We'd love to talk to you! Give us a call on 03 9644 1800 or send us an email.
Where can I find more information?
p 03 9644 1800
p 1800 819 803 (toll free country Victoria only)
f 03 9646 3832